Nepal Travel FAQs

Arrival to Nepal FAQs

Q. How can I get On Arrival Visa?
A. Visit the link for detail information Click here to Visit Visa on Arrival Page

Q. What are the different kinds of On Arrival Visa?
A. All 'On Arrival Visas' are Tourist Visas. In other words, Tourist Visas are Entry Visas. If you are travelling to Nepal for purposes other than tourism (sightseeing, travelling, visiting friends and families), you will have to change your visa status. Contact Department of Immigration with necessary documents to change Visa category.

Q. I am travelling to Nepal for a business meeting. What kind of visa should I get to enter Nepal?
A. You have to get Tourist visa as a entry visa. You can get it either from Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad or On Arrival (if eligible, check our website for detail). If you are investing and running business in Nepal for long term, you might consider getting Business Visa.

Q. I need Tourist Visa with Multiple Re entry facility. What can I do?
A. All Tourists Visas issued by Nepalese diplomatic missions and 'On Arrival' at the Entry & Exit points including Immigration office, TIA bear multiple Re - entry facility. Whereas, Tourist Visas extended at DOI (Department of Immigration) and Pokhara Immigration Office comes with Multiple Re entry facility if you pay additional 20 US dollars.

Q. I have children of 5 years and 6 years to they need a visa, Does he/she need a Visa?
A. Yes, However, they get it for free. Minors below 10 years get Gratis visa.

Q. What is Gratis Visa?
A. It is a kind of Visa that is issued for free.

Q. I am an Indian citizen? Can I travel to Nepal with my Aadhar card or driving license?
A No. We need a document that exclusively proves your nationality. Hence, you need to produce either valid Indian Passport or Election Card (issued by Election Commission) to enter into Nepal.

Q. I am an Indian passport holder. I am travelling to Nepal with two kids below 12 years. They do not have passport. What should I do?
A. Minors of an Indian passport holder (if accompanied by their parents) can travel to Nepal with their Student Identity Card or Birth Certificate.

Q. I am an NRN card holder. How many days Gratis visa do I get?
A. Gratis visa to an NRN is issued for 30 days at the moment. It is subject to change as per directive issued by our line agencies (Department of Immigration and Ministry of Home Affairs)

Q. I want to bring a dog to Nepal. What should I do?
 A. Immigration and Customs are different entities in Nepal. As it does not come under our jurisdiction, please contact (link of Department of customs) for necessary information.

Q. I am an Afghan citizen. I learnt that I need Visa prior to my Arrival to Nepal. What should I do?
- Please contact your closest Nepalese diplomatic missions to obtain Visa. Make sure you have valid visa and passport before you board on plane.

Q. I do not want to wait in queue for visa at the Tribhuvan International Airport? What can I do?
A. You can get Pre Arrival Visa to Nepal from Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad.

Q. How long does it take to get Visa On Arrival at the TIA?
- We have made things very simple and easy for travelers. Usually, you can get visas in less than an hour. Nevertheless, you can expect some delays and queues especially during the peak tourist season.

Q. What currency is accepted for payment of required visa fees?

A. It is better to carry American dollars (in cash) for payment even though we accept other currencies too.

Q. Does my Visa/Maestro/American Express card work?
A. Yes. But we advise you to carry cash (American dollars) as well at least to cover your Visa expenses.

Q. I have obtained visa from Nepalese Embassy in London (United Kingdom). When should I enter Nepal?
A. You should come to Nepal within 6 months (from the visa issued date).

Trekking permit in Nepal FAQs

Q. Can I apply for trekking permit on my own??
A. No. Only authorized trekking agencies can apply for trekking permit. Contact trekking agency for the permit.

?Q. Should I carry my permit while I am on trek?
A. Yes. Carry your passport and trekking permit throughout your trek. Make sure you take care of your valuable document like passport.

Q. Can I explore the route not included in my trekking permit?
A. No. Deviation from prescribed routes of trekking permit is treated as violations of law.

Q. Do I need to register at the Police check points or Immigration Points?
A. Yes, you should. It would be wise to register your trekking schedule and destination at your concerned embassy/consulate

Nepal Trekking FAQs

Q. How fit do I have to be and is trip for me? 
A. This trip is suitable for any kind of person who is moderately fit, no previous experience is required. To condition yourself for the trip, some physical fitness programs such as walking, running, swimming, and hiking are recommended before you embark on your journey. Any person suffering from a pre-existing medical condition or diseases must seek medical advice before considering any trip. Whilst on the trip, it is common to experience some discomfort before being fully acclimatized.

Q. What is the weather & temperature like in trip?
A. Weather in the mountains (Himalayas) is notoriously difficult to predict. At night it is generally cooler and warmer during the days, in winter (January and February) it will be a bit colder but the days can be quite beautiful and warm if the sun is out. There will be snow any time of year. It is also important to make sure that you can stay warm and dry in just about any conditions. Expect the unexpected! The temperature could be as high as 25 deg C to -15 deg C low.

Q. Can I charge my digital camera or other batteries on my trip? 
A. These facilities will be available some places only in this trip as this is remote area trip in Nepal. But in Kathmandu and trip starting point, of course yes. Remember to bring your adapters!

Q. Is there any communication while we are on trip?
A. There are telephones in few villages along the routes from which you can make international calls.

Q. Can I use credit cards in the places visit in trip?
A. In most cities yes, to some extent, however once you leave those cities behind, you can only use cash.

Q. How much additional money do I need per day?
A. It all depends on your spending habits. 20 to 50 US$ a day will be enough to buy bottles of water, chocolates, souvenir shopping of local crafts if/when available and few drinks. You can buy these things only in certain town.

Q. Is the water OK to drink? Do I need to bring purifying tablets/filter?
A. Yes, better to have purifying tablets. But you can buy also mineral water in some village along the trial on your own. Please bring a water bottle to fill up purified water.

Q. What essential documents do I need to bring with me on tour?
A. *Valid Passport – must be valid for up to 6 months after you return from your tour, keep a separate photocopy with Nepal visa.
*Travel insurance, keep a separate photocopy 
*Cash and Traveler’s Checks, keep numbers and proof of purchase separate 
*Flight tickets 
*Emergency contact numbers for T/C’s, banks, insurance, family contacts.

Q. Do you use yaks/porters on the trip or do we carry all of our own gear?
A. Whilst on the trip, our porter will take care of your luggage service as per “Price Includes” section. All you need to carry is your small day bag for your personal belongings like camera, water bottle, sun cream etc.

Q. What opportunities will I have for shower along the trip?
A. Yes you will have hot shower service in lodge depends on areas of your trek.